Monday 25 April 2011

Poster Evaluation



I feel that my Poster is very effective because as soon as you see it draws the audience in and makes them interested. The title NOT ALONE is very effective because of its colours red which is a convention of a horror film since it is the symbol of blood. I also put splattered blood around the poster because it suggests to the audience that this film is going to be very gory and that blood is used heavily in it.

I put clouds in the poster because it is a kind of an Oxymoron which is contradicting God and Demons, I also put it there because it fit in with the Catchphrase ‘Who Do You Call When God Isn’t There’, I though this was very effective because that also makes the audience active and try and guess what the storyline of the film is. Colour is heavily used in my poster because these are the things that get the audiences attention, where the catchphrase has been written the clouds is darker than the other clouds.

The Background in the Poster is in a street which could suggest to the audience that most of the film will be set on a Dark street and if they audience look closer they can see that the clouds get dark further down which suggests that the Hero of the film takes a Journey to the Far side to find out how to defeat the villain.

There are dark figures in the poster and you cant see there faces, this is representing the fact that the demons could be inside of anyone and the ones closest around, which then goes back to the title ‘Not Alone’ this I though was very effective because it gets the audience interested and more intrigued when they look at it and also eager to see the film and see the turnout of it and the events that lead to the demon possession.

I wanted to make my poster to look more professional so I looked at other posters and saw that they had the actors and directors that are in the film so I incorporated this idea into my poster swell, I also put the logo of the film distribution of the company which is funding my movie and this was UNIVERSAL this I thought was relevant to my poster because Universal is a known company and this will allow the audience to feel comfortable to watch my movie because the studio is one that they can trust and produces a lot of successful movies.

I didn’t want to Add a date to the Poster and Instead I wrote Coming Soon because this allows the audience to become more active and research about the movie and become more and more eager as they anticipates its release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment